Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Rainy Saturday drive

I have to say we were so blessed to have a very rainy Saturday as it's been in the high 90's for weeks without any.  I still get some tomatoes, but the rest of our veggies gone.  Am waiting now for the apple orchard to start selling apples to can applesauce.   We enjoyed riding through up and down the old dirt  roads back in the moutains in the rain!  Here are a couple photos I took.
Old barn

Love this farm!

Wet but very warm

An old barn

Can you see the Crane on the top of this tree?
We watched it fly from a creek, and was able to catch his landing
Sunday was our 29th Wedding Anniversary and enjoyed another little ride spotting momma deer and their babies.  So sad to see a couple younguns on the side of the road...seems their momma just takes off and expect the babies to keep up!!   Have an awesome week being guided by the Holy Spirit within us.   ((hugs)) Bevie!

4 comments:

jgr said...

Oh your painting is beautiful, I know she'll LOVE IT! And your photos in the rain are awesome too! They could be framed.

Heather said...

I love the painting! It is so beautiful! I also like the pictures you took. I am glad you had a cooler day for a change. It has finally cooled off a bit here too. This week will finally be in the high 70s to low 80s instead of the mid 90s which make me ache more. Have a great week and happy anniversary!!

Heather

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments!!!

Linda said...

Lovely painting! And I enjoyed the photos. We enjoy riding through the countryside too.

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page