Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I had a dream

I don't usually write about dreams, but last night I woke from one in which I was a cat...yep, that's what I said, a cat!! A huge beautiful calico cat with green eyes...hummm...I wonder if that's because mine are greenish!! Anyway in this dream I was running in the woods trying to get away from a big, gruffy dog! Now I was home on the porch curled up in my little blankie catching some ZZZZZs when this big dog we shall call WOLF came up the steps sniffing all around...out of one eye I could see him coming closer and closer to me. I jumped just in time to escape his wide open jaws!!! Over the rail of the deck I jumped running as fast as lightening...surely he couldn't cat me I thought. Now, 10 minutes later I stop in my tracks cuz I've come to a fork in the road...hummm..which one should I take I thought. My intuition told me to take the road on the left as it would lead to the big barn on my owners property, but my mind said take the right cuz it will take you to the highway. I woke just as I started off on .......................................................................................................................................................................



The left path. See I'd had this dream before where I'd taken the road to the right, and ended up in traffic so thick it was a wonder I got back home at all!!! The left path took me back to the barn on our property where I'd find my owner feeding the cows. He always loved seeing me earling in the morning, and would squirt milk in my mouth!!

See it's like people...we come to a path in life where we aren't quite sure which way to go. Do we listen to what we THINK we should do, or do we stop and pray about it first. Listening to the whisper of God is sometimes not what we do is it??? I know I haven't always done that...but of late I've realized the only way to be sure of what God wants for me is to pray about it and WAIT for an answer!!! I'm thinking it's ok to take tiny steps in the right direction rather than taking huge steps backwards...what do you think???
Blessings for a bright and loving day!!!
Bevie

10 comments:

ginabee said...

I love your story telling, Bev! I agree, we need to ask God what direction to go, ask Him to speak to our heart.
Yes, often I go with my "gut" feeling but my mind oh no, it gets me into trouble. Renewing our mind to His word is the key. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your beautiful comment. Not only did that lift my spirits, but it brought me to your blog, your inspirational words, your art, and your wisdom. All of which I really needed to spiritually ingest today. I am on the cusp of making a very big change in my life. After reading your post, I said a prayer, took a deep cleansing breath, and am allowing my faith to listen to the whisper of God, just as he whispered in your ear to send your message.
Bless you, Gloria

Decor To Adore said...

Recently one of my 3 college classes was cancelled and I scrambled to find a replacement. Within days it to cancelled. I then stopped, and pondered this dilema. This happened for a reason. The good Lord knows I may need that extra time, so I listened. God doesn't always knock us over the head~ you are indeed right, He whispers. Great post.

lorhen82 said...

Hi Bev! Thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog! I'll have to look around yours some more when I'm not at work! ~Lori

Sheila said...

Hello Bev.. Thank you for stopping in and following my blog.. Also thank you for the wonderful post you made here at your blog.. On my MSn messenger page my statement that you can put out by your name say's Be still and listen.. I think so much of our lives are way to stressed, if we just be still and listen we would definatley hear more of Gos's great guiding voice. Thank you for the birthday wishes too Bev.. Turning 50 is not at all bad. As a matter a fact, i am very hapy to be having a birthday.. Have a wonderful, creative day. Sheila

deb said...

Hi Bev, Glad you found my blog ;) Your welcome for the images. I hope to post some from time to time. You blog is sooo pretty, I love it!
Great post too. Seems I'm always in a hurry..do this, make that, clean everything....I need to slow down & listen...not everything needs to "be done". I've been hearing whispers that I'm missing out on alot....I need to stop & smell the roses more ;)
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

Hi Bev,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Congratulations and Good luck on your commission!! I really enjoy your blog as well...great work!!

Lynn said...

Wise words Bevie, and as you know I have been doing a lot of this lately, going with my heart, asking for guidance, and finding it in very subtle ways, and it's great.

Lynn said...

Forgot something.
Happy Valentines Day, hope Hewie likes the card you made him :) My hubby did.

reagan said...

I just wanted to thank you so much for all of your encouraging comments and for being part of my workshop. You are a sweet soul and I appreciate you!
xoxo
Pam

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page