Sunday, June 7, 2009

I just finished


Ok here is the first 22x28 painting I did, but wasn't happy with it cuz I thought the tree was too uniformed and way too busy at the bottom. So this morning I went over it and ended up with this...When I first started painting in ernest about a year ago I would never have thought to actually go over a painting to start anew however I watched my dear sister, Mary actually GESSO over a painting of hers I thought was great and come up with something even better (if that's possible) She told me there was no right or wrong way to paint, and to make Gesso my *friend*....heheheh!!! That's exactly what I did here. Now looking at the two side by side I'm wondering if the second one has enough interest. What do you think??? Yep, I'm leaving it up to you all. Should I go back and add more color or what???
Blessings, and enjoy the rest of Sunday honoring HIM!!!

2 comments:

Brenda Salzano said...

Isn't painting fun! I love it. So relaxing.
I think you should add back the grass on the left, to balance out the scene, and decide what is the focal point of the painting? is it the tree, is it the sky? Use some lighter colors in back and more intense colors in the forground for more depth. Have a peaceful and wonderful Sunday!! Hugs!

GlorV1 said...

Thats a great painting Bev. I agree with the previous comment on adding back the grass. They both look great. Good job.

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page