Monday, June 8, 2009

By golly I think I like this one!


In my last post I showed you all the original painting I'd been working on then a revised version. Brenda and Gloria were kind enough to share their thoughts on it which I totally agreed with...so after stepping back and taking a good look at it, I think I finally like the revised revised painting..ehehhe!!!
Thanks girls for being totally honest with me! I am a self taught artist who's only been painting for about a year in ernest! I think I need to take some course in shading and such.
Now, I'd like more constructive advise if you all don't mind...that's a good way to learn...and God knows I'm learning...eheheh!!!
Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Brenda Salzano said...

wow, this is great! that little tweaking really did it hey? You will learn every time you paint. My only other tip is to look out at the distance. Any outdoor scene. What do you see in the farthest distance compared to what you see in the closest to you?

You should notice that far away colors are very muted, and strong colors are up front. This is what gives us the elusion of distance. Air particles between us and some thing far away mutes the colors.
I love your style and peacefulness in your work!

Susan Tuttle said...

a very serene landscape -- i want to crawl into the painting and stretch out on the shore. I can just hear the seagulls. Thanks for the little escape.

I will soon be posting a class newsletter signup on my blog sidebar -- so I can let folks know when registration opens and send class updates.

:)

GlorV1 said...

I agree with Susan. It is such a great painting, I too want to crawl inside of your painting and just kick back and look at the water. Thx for sharing.

Janine said...

It really become a lovely painting.
Isn´t it wonderful to create an own world?
Have a good week
Janine

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page