Thursday, July 2, 2009

My latest little painting


I was messing around with a 16x20 canvas adding texture by using some molding clay, papers and decided to make something a little whimsical. This is what I came up with, but I have to admit I was thinking of my dear sister Mary from http://asplendidadventure.blogspot.com and all the wonderful mixed media paintings she does. And yes, there is a hug canvas in her living room done in turquoise and RED...and it's a red bird, but her's is different, so I don't think she's going to think I've copied from her. The way I look at it is she's influenced me in a good way with her art. Can you tell I'm so very proud of Mary??? Well many of you already know her, and that we have a special bond...
Tell me what you think of this, does it need more added, like stamping of rings or perhaps a little heart hanging from a string in front of little birdie's face...I was thinking of a worm...but don't think so..eheheh!!!
Have an awesome weekend celebrating our Independence. I pray for safe travel if you will be on the roads!!!
Blessings,
Bevie

4 comments:

Tiedupmemories said...

Love it!So colorful and whimsy!Happy 4th of July to you too!
Tracy

Mary said...

yes, they are sister birds!!! lol

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Hi Bevie! I'm loving your artwork! And I've left you an award on my blog! You can pick it up there! Hope you enjoy it!

Brandi said...

i like your painting as its .. the flowers on the bottom are great and that wing texture is super!! love the colors!

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page