Tuesday, April 5, 2011

God's grace!

Well I'm finally going to have my right knee replaced...it's been something I've put off believing God would heal it.  (I see my surgeon this Thursday to set a date).  Some would say if you are a child of God, and follow HIS word we will be healed.  I do believe one day I will be...maybe not in this world, but in the next!!!  You know I've always believe the pain I live with only brings me closer to God.

As I sat in Church Sunday I was struck by the awesome Joy and peace I was feeling as we sang "Amazing Grace" (one of my very fav. songs).  My heart sometimes feels like it's going to burst for the Love I have for HIM.  My cup surely does runneth over.  How about you??? 

As I awake each morning my thought turn to prayer thanking HIM for a new day in which to praise, and share HIS love to all I meet.   It's been ages since I've been able to drive and visit others so today I'm asking you to join with me in praying for all those who are facing surgeries.  (me included plz)

As I sit here thinking I must get up and move around so the knee doesn't freeze up on me.  Using the walker helps keep me from falling.  Now I want to share an awesome blog with you all...





VintageCottageHome
 
Wishing you all a wonderful day in which to Praise and Worship our Abba..
((hugs))
Bevie

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad to see you're getting something done with your knee Bevie. I feel God gives us brains for a reason. I hope you listen to your doctors and really work on your recuperation. You'll do fine with the help of God.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Mary said...

I could just smack those who say "if you have enough faith God will heal you"! Yes, God does heal us, but we can't control God even with our "great faith". God has reasons for doing what he does or does not do, reasons we may never know this side of heaven. Sometimes the healing we may need is even greater than physical, and God uses others...doctors etc. to heal.

I really would not smack them...just makes me mad.

I love you my dear sister, and am so glad you are taking this step.

Unknown said...

Thanks Barbara...
Mary I know how you feel...I totally agree with you there are healings all around us, but it's in HIS time..I also know living with pain hasn't broken my Spirit...it's only brought me closer to God...love you sis!!!

Anonymous said...

Bev, my mother has had both knees replaced, and she says it has changed her life. It hurts at first, but the physical therapy helps you to learn to flex and use the knee, and you will be amazed at how much easier it will be to walk!

Good luck to you, and may your faith support you through your journey.

Camilla

Anonymous said...

I pray that your knee surgery is successful and you have a quick recovery.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your well wishes, and I do know what is in store for me for I had the left knee replaced in 2003. Unfortunately I injured it 2 yrs ago and am still dealing with that pain. I know God will help me through!!! Blessings, Bevie

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page