Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gee it's amazing....






It's amazing how I can become addicted to so many different mediums of art...In the past 4 days I've created oh about 26 little ACEO/ATCs done by doodling! Did I say I was addicted??? hehehehe!! What out cuz the minute you start you can't stop. I finally had to put them away and got out a 16X20 canvas already prepped with Gesso. Thinking since I sold one of my landscape paintings last week I'd create another not the same, but with water...love painting sky, clouds and WATER..My husband came in and said, now that's what I call a painting..ehehehe!!! He just doesn't get Mixed Media collage things at all. Course he still things computers were the worst thing ever created. Yep, I'm married to a guy who thinks it's still the 50's hehehe!! All kidding aside, he really likes much of what I've created and doesn't have a problem with me taking up what was the dining room as my studio. There's a nice window infront of my table and everything is at my fingertips too. Gee, I was thinking this morning how much my life has changed since I started painting. When I retired I tried my hand at making jewelry and still love the feeling of creating something that's unique and one of a kind, but painting...well it's really my passion (other than my hubby and family) heheh!! I thought I'd post some pictures of my little (messy) studio then the newest painting I just finished... It's still early so I'm gonna go back and paint another landscape...I sure hope you all are having a great Saturday...Have a wonderful Sunday and remember hug someone close to you today...and tomorrow and and and...just think about all the hugs you'll get back!!! Blessings!!!
Bevie

8 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Beb. I love how organized your studio is. That white shelf with all the holes in it, is that for your paints?, and if so, where did you find that wire shelf. Enjoy your painting, you do great work.

Lisa said...

Sounds like the perfect Saturday to me! I love your studio.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev!
What a pleasant surprise to see my face on your blog!!
Did you do that on purpose, out of your kind heart? I can't believe it.. what a wonderful sweet loving human you are.. !
Thank you so much.. I could cry..
Hugs, Darlene. xo

Anonymous said...

bev, i finally got my act together and subscribed to your creative blog! this is so cool...can't wait to see how God blesses your expressions of the eyes that see the world fresh and new because of him.

Mary said...

Hi sis, I love the pics of all your goodies. That is a perfect place for you to paint. I remember it having great light, and being quite cozy.
Love you sis!!

Terri Kahrs said...

What a GREAT space to create in! Thanks so much for sharing. I still content, there's not better place to create than a dining room or kitchen table!
Hugs,
Terri

BlueRidgeLady said...

Oh Bev I love your studio pictures!! Congratulations on selling one of your beautiful paintings! Good for you!! Love your blog too!

Love!

Shelly

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Bev, your Husband sounds just like me a few years back. And look at me now, loving Blog-land!!
Marcela

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page