Monday, February 16, 2009

Much to my surprise...

Many of us had the pleasure of taking the Journalism 101 class with Pam Carriker. From the very beginning we knew this class was not only gonna be filled with awesome tips and techniques, but we were instantly aware Pam had this great way of making us feel very much at ease. She used video, script and visual pages to show each step, and I for one came away with the knowledge that I could really create a great page.

Pam asked each of us to comment on how we thought the class went, and if there were any suggestions as to how she could improve on it..NOT!! She said she would ramdomly pick one person from those who left a comment a free pass for the *Shades of Grey* class coming up. Oh how I wanted to take that class but just couldn't justify spending the money right now. Image my surprise when Pam emailed me to let me know I won that free pass. I went running into the other room to share this great news with my hubby who was very happy for me!

Many of you who visit my blog know my sweet sister,Mary. I emailed her with the good news before heading off to bed. Today I received an email from her asking me when the class would start. I emailed her back and told I wasn't sure. Well she found out, AND told me not to worry about purchasing any of the supplies needed for the class cuz she's already contacted Gil, and ordered everything for me. There I was sitting at my puter. tears streaming down my face as I tried to type. I just don't know how to thank her for caring so much!! She is indeed the wonderful, sweet,caring woman you all have come to know here.

I'm gonna close by saying I pray for all those who have expressed the need, and for those I've met here too. God knows your needs. Do go about your tomorrow with love in your heart and a song on your tongue...give a greeting and a smile to those you happen to meet in your travels for you never know if it could just be what someone needed at that very moment. I thank you for coming to see my blog and if you need to talk just contact me...(((Hugs)))
Bevie

14 comments:

Linda Hardy said...

Hi Bev: Thank you for the lovely comment you left for me today on my blog. I actually thought you were one of my dearest friends here in Houston. Of course her name is Beverly and you two look like you could be sisters. It was a nice suprise to know that there are two wonderful women instead of one.

Linda a/k/a Mamapainter

Micki Wilde said...

Hi Bev thanks for stopping by my blog, unfortunately I have nothing in my Etsy shop at the moment but i'm planning on selling some prints in there later this month :)

Micki x

p.s. love the background you have on your page it's so bright and fun!

GlorV1 said...

That was very nice of your sister Mary to do that. I bet you were very happy. Have a great Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev,
Your story had me in tears and I know how God works!
He did it just for YOU.. he knows your heart.. but you already know this! (hugs)
Praise be to God..
I am so happy for you..
Will you post some of your art work you did?
OH.. what happened to my face on your site? I am invisable? .. lol
I would love to see it!
Hugs, Darlene xo.. aka A Dancing Mango

Anonymous said...

Bev...
"where's the picture.. where's the picture?
I am laughing.. as my profile picture is gone.. I wonder what I did now?
Hugs, Darlene

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

What a wonderful blog you have. I'm so glad that you came to Faith Folk and left me a comment. I'm going to put you into our blog favs now.
Blessings,
Pam
Joshua 1:9

Unknown said...

I'm glad you came to visit Pam...you know I love your work very much. I still have that little Snowman framed and on my desk!!! love it! Bevie

QueenBe said...

Bev you have a great blog here... thank you for introducing me to it. And thank you for showing a link to my blog. As a matter of fact, I do have the easels on sale at my Etsy shop and my husband now has taught ME to make them!!

Lynn said...

I am so happy for you Bevie, I know how much you wanted to take Pam's next class, and your sister, well she is soooooo thoughtful, how blessed you are :)
Thanks for the comment on my altered tin tutorial, I can't wait to see if you make some like it.
Hugs
Lynn

Unknown said...

Yes, I have a very sweet, caring sister..my baby sister at that!!! She showers that beautiful smile on everyone from here and in person...I can't wait to spend a week with you sometime soon...what a joy that will be!!
Thanks for all your comments. Psssst, Darlene your beautiful face is backkkkk...never fear it will remain!!! Thanks Lynn...I am gonna wait for a day that's not so windy and spray all the tins..ehehe!!

Shelley said...

I am so happy for your bountiful luck. This all means so much for you and I am truly excited for you. I hope you post all your art from the class. I love visiting Pam's site. She is a gifted artist and her soft, serene style is something to behold. Yeah for you. Enjoy the classes. I can't wait to see what you create.

Hugs back to you
Shelley

Kim said...

Congrats on winning that contest! Pam is a wonderful person and artist. I would love to take her classes but I am toooooo busy. Maybe one day!

Beautiful ending words to this post too. Life is difficult for many right now and we all need to remember tiny things can make a huge difference in someones life! Bless you!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Bev!!

Congratulations to you on your class! Glad it was your lucky day! I was in tears reading about your sister buying your supplies. The thoughtful way she handled it all. She knew if she told you she was going to do it, you would not want her to, so she just handled it! What an incredibly sweet thoughtful thing for her to do! I'm so happy for you and hope you enjoy yourself!!

Lots of Love & Hugs!

Shelly

PeregrineBlue said...

Bev: WHat a gorgeous post. Yes, your sister Mary is truly a beautiful human being as are you. Your last paragraph is very true and touching. I always sing during the day and try to give thanks after every little or big gift that I could otherwise take for granted.

Have fun at Pam's next workshop. I am trying to decide whether to take one of Mossy's classes, since she makes the most gorgeous dolls. We'll see. Can't go to ZNE this year since it is prohibitively expensive and I went last year.

Thank you gentle soul for stopping by my blog and leaving such uplifting comments, I appeciate you. God bless.

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page