Thursday, April 5, 2012

What Easter means to us.

Boy we have had morning temps around 30 degrees the past couple days. I'd planted one tomato plant in a barrel planter sitting on my front deck thinking that Spring was indeed here...NOT  Yes, the plant is still thriving cuz we cover it each night to keep the frost off it.  We don't usually plant in our raised beds till end of April or beginning of May.   Have to wait and see...how about you folks, do you plant a garden these days?  It's a big help through out the winter to have home canned goods to eat...too much salt in the canned foods we buy!
Dewey and I have started to walk to help with our weight lose, however after my second day I was having so much pain in my hips and legs I have realized with the Fibro and bad hip I need to do it every other day...Oh the blessings of being older..hehehe
I had my last Bazaar for awhile...that too has become difficult to do...perhaps when I get this hip replaced I'll be almost as good as new...you think??? hhehehe
I was wondering what time of year was your favorite??  For me it's Spring with all the new growth popping up with awesome color...new leaves covering all our bare trees...oh and the Red buds, Dogwoods, and daffodils!! The smell is like walking into a Perfume factory...I know for some it's ALLERGY Time...sorry for you folks.  

Easter is upon us, those of us who believe know that on that day so long ago Jesus was Crucified on the Cross at Gethsemane. He was layed in a tomb then on the third day Mary Magdalene, Mary HIS mother, and Salome came with spices so they could embalm Jesus.  The found the large stone covering the enterence to the tomb rolled away, and thanks be to God he'd been raised up....oh my heart can only wonder how they felt when they saw the man dressed all in white sitting in the tomb.  What would we have done had we been there??  We'd probably fall to our knees giving thanks to God for giving us this awesome free gift of life everlasting with HIM for all eternity provided we believe Christ Jesus died for our sins...I think about how Jesus was treated as they placed the crown of thorns upon his head...those thorns were not little ones, but large maybe 3 inches long.  My heart cries for all that he endured, but it also feels so blessed to know it was for our salvation. 
We are blessed with God's grace and peace through all things here on earth...following HIS word is probably the hardest yet best thing we humans do throughout our lives.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Sweet Beav,
This post is so meaningful. It's easy to forget all Christ did for us all those many years ago....

I am glad that my post was meaningful for you and that you took the time to put it on your blog....As Christians, we appreciate and love our Lord so much for all He has done for us...

Please take care of that hip and I hope you and your family are blessed in many ways during this Easter season.....

You've got to get well so you can come for another retreat.....

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

DJ said...

Thanks for reminding all of us of our precious blessings! Hope this Easter is especially meaningful for you and yours.
Love & Laughter,
DJ

Autumn Leaves said...

I do believe and also hurt for what Jesus suffered for us, the undeserving lot of us. Still the celebration of His rising to come is just so spectacular.

I too have Fibromyalgia and I don't take any meds. It leaves me exhausted and everything hurts all of the time. Oddly enough, it feels like it is my bones and joints that hurt; not the muscles.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for visitng and leaving me such wonderful comments...will be visiting you blogs hopefully tomorrow...Blessings for a wonderful Easter!! love ya!

Heather said...

I love spring and fall best.

I can't even imagine what he went through just for us! It is awe inspiring.


heather

Unknown said...

Easter Sunday was awesome, thanks for posting!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Bevie ~
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I really do appreciate your visit and I hope you will come again soon!
Rescue pugs...a girl after my own heart :) I will stop back.
Belated Easter greetings.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

FionaB said...

Thanks for the reminder of what Easter truly means...it's so much more than family dinner and egg hunts. I am very concerned that the church is becoming so socially minded and being lured into a state of tolerance for all religions, that the truth that Jesus' death, atonement and resurrection is the ONLY way to heaven is being lost. Narrow is the way. Some day those of us who believe in this narrow way may be the minority. But He'll see us through it...He always does!

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page