Thursday, July 29, 2010

How has your day been??

Here it is 5pm, and I'm thinking what in the world will I fix for dinner...ehehhe!! By evening with all the high temps we've been experiencing I don't have the energy to do much cooking...but I do have a hubby who's been working all day and deserves something good for him, right? He called a little while ago to say not to cook anything...we'd just have a salad with all our veggies from the garden...I'm thinking I'll cut up some Swiss Chard, and 2 kinds of lettuce I've grown on the front deck...cucs, onions and tomatoes all from our raised beds then I'll add nuts, dried cranberries and make a lovely vinagarette dressing Top it off with grilled chicken and call it a meal...what'cha think??? Come on over I can make enough for an army!!! hhehehe
Ok, I was up at 5am got my hubby off to work then settled down at the dining room table creating some more little ACEOs & ATCs...I put two in my etsy shop the day before yesterday...they are featured in the last post here, and the sold!!! Wow that was quick, and the first two I've ever sold...yep...guess I've been creating the wrong kind..hehhehe!!

Here are a couple I did today one of which is for my precious little sister, Mary...if you haven't checked out her blog please do. http://asplendidadventure.blogspot.com

This is a painted I'd started when visiting her in GA last year...she finally finished it, and it's awesome...once you visit you will be following her I"m sure cuz she has much to share!!!








Here's a couple journal pages prepped and ready to create on!!!



10 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I don't know where to start. Maybe dinner, cause it sure sounds good! Congrats on your quick sale, does the heart good and adds to the art supply fund :-) Then I love your folk art type paintings, I grew up on a farm and rural living is still in my blood so these stir my heart. And I love the vibrant journal pages. Phew, you've had a productive creative day!

Cindy said...

Wow, you've been super busy today girlfriend! I'm so happy that you sold something you've made! The paintings are awesome. You are one very talented lady.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Mary said...

My sweet sister you sure bless my heart!! Your words to me are such sweet encouragement.

Thanks again for the ATC, I love it.
Lovely journal backgrounds here. Love the green one in the middle, and love the Eiffel Tower. Where did you get that image?? If you have it on your computer would you send me one???

Love you bunches!!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Hi Bevie! I just had to come over and meet Mary's sister! Mary inspires me so much. Wow! I had no idea you were an artist like your sister too. My goodness, the art gene thing really saturated your family. I really like your journal pages.

It's nice to meet you Bevie!

Lee Ann

Butterfly Works said...

Your dinner you mentioned is one of my favorites to fix....
Love the work you did for Mary, by the way, I just love her..she is so creative and such a caring and sweet person...Glad to meet her sister....
And I love the journal pages....some of my favoriate colors.....

WOW, talent runs in your family, uh?

Have a great weekend....

Unknown said...

It's funny how we all have talents God blesses us with, my twin bro creates awesome bows and arrows...mom isn't artist at all, but dad was. Musically more than anything. I can remember him carving a beautiful german shepard out of ice and snow..then his mom, our GM was an artist and knew all about mixed media all those years ago..hehehe!!! I'm happy to meet some of the sweet gals who love my sweet sister...she is as sweet and kind and caring in person too...that's just how she is...she's helped me to with all her awesome insite and what she shares with all of us...I"m blessed to have her for a sister...have a great week!!!

Unknown said...

Mar that Eiffel Tower is one of those little sticky things you get at Michael's...I don't know if there are more, but I'll look..love you sweetie, and love to hear what you have to say about my work...it means so much you know.

Unknown said...

OHH Pretty! You could also link this to the French Obsession going on now!
Following you back!
Good luck for the give away!
Hugs
Frenchy
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2010/08/french-obsession-party-5-and-giveaway.html

TonyaA said...

Lovely Creations!
Blessings,
Tonya

Anonymous said...

I love your work, whenver i come here its like opening a whole ew world to see.
I have a new challenge over at dezinaworld if you fancy a try.
Have a lovely day my friend
Hugs June xxxxxx

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page