Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I love painting because

Isn't it kewl that you can actually start a painting, but if you aren't happy with it you can just gesso over it and start anew!! This 12x16 inch painting on canvasboard was the "working on" one I'd started a few days ago..the one with the big tree...not only does gesso prep our canvases, but it can create a brand new palate to work with...here it is looking totally different..not sure it's completely finished...sometimes I tend to over work a painting..do you do that??

8 comments:

Cindy said...

I love it and I don't think you overdid it at all! I love this type of painting and you do it so well. Thanks for sharing your beautiful art with us!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Mary said...

oh sis, i love this one. are you using different paints??? this one seems brighter than your others.

it's perfect as it is!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Barbara I appreciate your comment...And Mary I love you so much...same paints just using them without adding to them...This is one of my favs...(((hugs)))

BlueRidgeLady said...

Oh my gosh Bev! I just love this one! I love the sky, and the trees and the grassy hills! You know I am such a fan!

Theresa Plas said...

Cozy and lovely Bev! more is more I say!

Janine said...

Hi Bevie, thios is beautiful.
What a lovely and peaceful scene,
just great
Have a great weekend
Janine

Unknown said...

I so appreciate all your comments girls...I am having a blast creating these little paintings!!

Jona Panesa said...

loved this painting of yours!

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page