Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Holidays

As I woke this morning I discovered lots of ice on both decks, so I decided it was best if the dogs went out on their own today.  I usually walk out to take in the beauty of the very earling morning...it was 5am.  The suns out now, but the ice is still there because of the bitter cold.  Fireplace is heating up the living room where I"m going to be painting a couple more little paintings to give as gifts.   
I took some to Church with me yesterday, but many didn't attend cuz of the snow on the ground.  Not much but it was quite icy. It's a small Church, but there were only about 10 of us there.....so I came home with many of my little gifts in the hopes more will be there next Sunday.







Here are some of my prepared visual journaling pages ready to be written on.  I'd done most of them while with my sister, Mary down in GA back in Oct.  She of course shared with me a new technique which I really love doing...layering colors then scraping off the last layer which is usually black!! Actually there's more to it...a little sprinkle of water on the last layer then laying a paper towel to collect most of the sprinkles before scraping with a credit card...great results...right?






My DH and I decided the most important decorations for us to celebrate the Birth of our Christ Jesus were the Christmas tree, and our Nativity Set.  We'd always decorated with lots of things over the years when the kids were home, but now that it's just the 2 of us, we've decided to share all those things with them...Boxes of goodies are waiting for them to come pick them up!  Here are some of what we have decorated with...

While my friend, Betty and I were at our fav boutque last week, (Goodwill) I found something I had to have...you see while at the  Potter's House Retreat back in October our Hosts gave each one of us Scripture that they felt was a msg from God to ME....Yoooo Nancy and Pat look what I found!!! I had to share with you, and of course Mary you will appreciate this as well. I know it was no accident that I found it either, God led me right to it the minute I walked in the door...How awesome is that??
Blessings to all!!!  John 14:27

6 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

All decked out, so festive. We did the same thing, keep a few things and passed along the memorable decorations to our two kids. You've been so busy creatively, can't get over the paintings you've done and the fun journal pages.
Have a wonderful Christmas

Mary said...

Everything looks beautiful sis.
I did much less this year, and the only Santa stuff that has stayed are the little Santa mugs I have. Funny how he has lost his appeal....oh, I do have a Santa Mr. Potato Head man!!! :)

That piece with the "peace" scripture was a a sweet kiss from God to you!

It's cold here too, I know, not like there, but for here below 30 is cold!!!! We had a few flurries yesterday and even now as I type this there are a few!

Glad you posted those wonderful journal pages!!

Love you bunches sis!

oh, and love your painting you used as your banner - good to see your own work there!! :)

pchickki said...

Your journal is devine. I have always wanted to try that but don't seem to find the time. Maybe next year :)
Your decorations are so pretty.

Love the message to you from God :) Sweet

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for commenting so sweetly to me...warms my heart too!! Bren, Sis and Patti I send my love and best wishes!!! (((hugs)))

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

oooooh, I love your journal pages!!

Unknown said...

Thanks hon...

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page