Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We went to our first Christmas Party on Sunday

We didn't take a ride over the weekend like we usually do because we went to our first Christmas party of the this year.  Getting together with both sides of the family means so much to us, so this one was with Dewey's ex-wife's family...It's always wonderful to visit with them all since we've been friends for more than 28 yrs.  Dewey's kids know I think of their mom as another sister...she's a real delight so we've always done things together whether it be shopping for them or just going out for lunch!
Joanne's sister Sherree, and her hubby, Ken were our hosts for this party, and we sure weren't disappointed.  Not only did we get to see many relatives, but it was the first time we'd seen their new home.  They own 3 exercise gyms so have been out of town while setting up one of them.  This home is more like a a mansion...their sense of style is awesome, and they went all out decorating for Christmas...5 full sized trees in different rooms.  I was just taken back by the beautiful of it all.  The food was wonderful....I will share some photos soon, (still have to figure out how to download from my cell) hehehe

I did find out that Ken had given big bucks to Breast Cancer awareness through the band, Chicago and was invited to sing with them.  What an awesome experience it was for him...you can here his wife screaming in the background too..hehehe
This is where you can hear it too... http://youtu.be/rXusrG1gveU  For some reason I wasn't able to share by clicking share with Blogger...sigh...I know I"m doing something wrong...nothing new..ehehhe!!!
Have a great week, and stay warm.  It's in the 20's here today!!!

2 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I am going to my first Christmas party Friday (tomorrow) night! Lasagna and good friends! Stay warm. We have more than a foot of snow here, and today when I drove to work, it was 8 degrees! But the sun came out and it was a spectacular day! ~K

Unknown said...

I'm sure you had a grand time at your first Christmas Party of the year...Blessings to you sweetie!!!

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page