Monday, February 7, 2011

Celebrating my 68th Birthday!

My hubby and best friend took me out to a lovely Birthday dinner on Friday the 4th rather than on my BD the 5th as the weather report was iffy as to another snowfall.  We sure had a great meal, and got home around 7pm. Saturday it was very cloudy and fog that lasted all day!!  I'm still not walking well after last Saturday's fall...so being in on my Birthday wasn't bad at all...what more could I ask for with my 3 pugs, fat cat, and my hubby to share the day watching old westerns..eheheh~!  Actually saw some I'd not seen before (is that possible)  I don't watch TV much, don't even have my DVD hooked up!!  I do when I"m knitting or crocheting...did a couple new scarves and hats that match...One of the hats has three different crocheted flowers making the hat a little different each time you wear it...gonna add them to etsy...brb gonna go take a photo of them so I can show you...it's amazing how you can crochet sitting up, or propped up in a Williams position which takes the pressure of a hurting back!!! Kewl...

This photo shows the 3 flower pins


I love purple with grey!


Beautiful to see the sun coming up this morning!!!

14 comments:

Heather said...

love the hat and scarfs! I tried knitting but it didn't work out too well. Hurts my hands too much, but I love looking at other peoples work!

Unknown said...

Well thank you Heather..I have arthritis in my hands so can't do many of the fine doilies I used to do...but yarn is easier..
Blessings dear.

paintmanycolars said...

Wonderful Blesses Birthday!
Bevie, I did start a blog. You are now my hero....atc's, blogs, whats next? hugs..Susan

Nancy said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to a very sweet and special gal.......We are not just adding years but lots of wisdom as well..........

Love all your knitting and crocheting projects...you have been a busy girl.....I am sorry that you are still have problems from your fall.....please take care of yourself so you can heal......

I promise I will get Leigh to pick out a ring...you are so sweet to even think to give her one....

Stay warm and big hugs to the birthday girl...

GlorV1 said...

I'm glad your b/day was a good one and again Happy Birthday. I hope you didn't hurt yourself much when you fell? Ayeeeee, that must have hurt. Take care of yourself.

Mollye said...

Hi Bevie, Your Birthday Celebration sounds just perfect. Happy Belated Birthday to you. And I wish for you many more wonderful years ahead. I turned 67 in January so we're almost crib twins! Stay warm and keep crocheting those caps and scarves. They're all so pretty. XXXBlessings, Mollye

Mary said...

you do such beautiful work my sweet sister.

kelvin s.m. said...

Hello!^^


Happy 68th birthday!!! i wish you all the goodness and happiness in this very special day of yours... may God bless you more and more each day...d(^.^)b..

Joy always..^^

~Kelvin

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Very sad how the youth are so caught-up in superficial vanity while you mature ones have faith. SAD. I know why the youth of today are follow'n the whorizontal: no love for the Higher Good. Will we be the few to enter Heaven? Egads. God bless.

Unknown said...

I thank each of you for taking the time to come wish me a Happy Birthday and leaving your comments...Yea, Nancy I am waiting till you let me know which she wants..ehehehe
Mar I love you too sister.
Mollye did you know I have a twin bro??? So that would mean 3 of us in the same crib..ehehehe
Kelvin it is a shame...there are many young plp who have been brought up in good Christian homes, and do have faith in our precious Father...I pray for the young all the time...many think there's so much time..it's not their top priority...

pchickki said...

Happy Birthday!
I love the scawl and hat :)

laurel said...

Shoot! I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday.

laurel said...

Oh, and lovely scarf/hat sets!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Patti and Laurel good to see you hon...Blessings for a wonderful productive day!!! Hugs!!

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page