Monday, May 16, 2011

The Awesome Month of May!

Have you ever thought about all the things that go on in May, and how they make you smile??  I've been seeing so many young gals and guys all dressed up in their Prom clothes  ready for their Prom...whether it be Junior or Senior, it's all pretty important to those going.  I was over at Diane's (duda) blog earlier where she'd posted some awesome photos of her daughter and friend...wow they looked just great.  I haven't seen any of the photos of my Granddaughter Megan yet, but will post her in her lovely purple gown when I get them.  Can you remember your proms???
I was thinking just a minute ago about several of mine that stand out...I have to laugh cuz back then 1960's we work gowns created with mostly yards & yards of netting...and when you've been foolish enough to go sun batheing the day before your prom you should make sure you pick a gown that doesn't match your skin..hehe!  Here I was "glowing and RED" with a gown that matched me to a tee.  The only thing that stood out was the Silver Bow just under the bodice of the strapless gown heheh.  Another one I remember so well was the YELLOW gown with tons of rows of netting from the waist to the tip of my toes...glad to see the gowns today are much more comfortable and fashionable!!!  I'm sorry I don't have a photo of any of my prom gowns, but I think you can imagine what they looked like, right?
Hope you take loads of photos of your guys and gals going to their prom! 
Then there's Mother's Day.  It's never been a very "fussy" day for  me, but I have to admit this year was great...kids all called to wish  me well, dropped by mom's to give her a little something special, and hubby bought me a used, but almost new, wing back chair with ottoman in Burgandy from a Flea Market on Sat before Mother's Day with a promise to go back and get the match to it this weekend...we did!!! (smile)
And of course there's our Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester VA the first weekend of May...fun for those who can get around...lots of walking so that lets me out!!!
Last but not least all the friends and family members who have a Birthday in May...Happy Birthday to all.
Oh, before I close I wanted to share a couple photos of me after cutting my hair off.  Like so many times before I tried to let it grow out some, NOT, a bit frumpy I'd say...ehehhehe!!!  Blessings as we get closer to Memorial Weekend...stay safe if traveling and enjoy your selves!!! Bevie

3 comments:

jgr said...

Your hair cut is lovely!! I like both of the pics, but my fave is the second one. I will look forward to the pics of Megan, too

Brenda Salzano said...

I love both cuts too, but yes, the second is my fav! Sounds like some lovely things going on in your life!
We have our tulips all done blooming here, and roses are on . I was hoping to drive up and get my mom and take her to dads grave but gas would cost a lot so am going to have to pray about that one! Thank you Bevie for a great post!! ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my new cut...Blessings to the both of you!!!
Bevie

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page