Thursday, February 7, 2013

God's blessings in my life

Good morning, I have so much to share with you all...This past week has been filled with God's Blessings for Tuesday, (my 70th Birthday) my husband, Dewey went to the Vascular Heart Ctr at our local Hospital to have his heart shocked!!!  yes, he was scared although he truly believes God is always in control....many times our HUMAN Nature takes over and leads us to worry...not something God wants us to do.  The preparations required to do this took at least 3 hrs...His daughter, Lisa and I sat there with him listening to his Nurse, Paul Shutt describe to him all that was to take place up to the shocking of his heart.  Thinking back about 10 yrs I can remember some of what Paul shared...but things have changed over time.  Course Dewey had an abrasion last time he was in Atrial Fib.  We weren't even aware that what he was feeling was actually A'Fib..he had these symptoms, tired, shortness of breath, dizziness as well for several months however he couldn't feel his heart out of rhythm this time. 
Sooo, well into the 3 hrs they sent Lisa and I out of the room, and no sooner did we sit down the nurse came to get us...it was all over and his heart was back in Rhythm!  It then took him about 2 hrs to be ready to leave.  This is just the second time I've driven him home...eehehe!!!  Now folks I'm a good driver so I don't know why he has an aversion to me driving him..ehehehhe~~  I knew everything was going to go well, you can feel the peace of God within yourself...

 
 
I've been entering Creative Soul's monthly ATC trades, and this one for Jan/Feb was hearts or birds...well you know how much I love painting birds so of course I did a Male Cardinal in all his glory!!! hehhe
 
My partner was Stacey Merrill...a really sweet gal...
Have a wonderful weekend to all!!!
 

 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Bev, I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday and so happy that Dewey's heart is back in rhythm. I know that must have been scary but thank goodness he knew in his heart who was in control.....

I love the new look of your blog....So pretty and I love the font....

Take care sweet girl....

jgr said...

WOW! I'm sure it was a stressful time but you are SO right: God is always in control. Easy to say it - not always easy to 'live' it. Belated Happy Birthday to you!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much girls for you lovely comments...we are truely blessed with God's peace and grace...(((hugs)))

Autumn Leaves said...

So glad Dewey is up and running again, Bevie! Yes, God is good. Your little cardinal card is adorable!

Electra said...

Stacey will love your piece, it's beautiful!!!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Almost no better birthday gift than having your husband safe and sound.

Artsnark said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Good to hear that your husband is doing okay. Love the card & can tell you that my 9 yr old will probably steal it for his bulletin board as soon as he sees it. He loves birds & watches the cardinals at the birdbath outside his bedroom.
Many thanks!

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs! Belated happy, happy birthday to you! So glad your hubby is doing better. Love the cross as the top of your blog. :-)

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page