Friday, January 14, 2011

From my home to yours!

I know it's been some time since I last posted, but I've been down with my back so have been catching up on some crocheting and knitting (this I can do on the sofa or recliner)  It's been so very cold out the past couple days what with the windchill  factor.  We've gotten just a little snow while everyone around us from GA to Boston got more than usual! We are very thankful that we've been spared because I don't think my dear hubby could shovel it off.  Last year he cleared 47 inches in one day...I don't know where he got the energy other than he knew that snow was way too heavy for our roof to stand.  PTL we've been spared (so far) that much this year.  I was mentioning some scarves I've made in the past week so I'm going to share them with you.  I extend my prayers that wherever you live you're warm, safe and happy with life wrapped up in God's awesome arms!!














Here is another photo of the Christmas Cactus that's been blooming since before Christmas...what a blessing for this started out as a little starter plant from my dad's home after he died...that's been about 17 yrs..

Blessings my dear friends...Have an awesome weekend!!! (((Hugs)))

8 comments:

Mollye said...

OK Sister...That did it. I've been trying to think of something I could do to be productive and enjoy it at the same time and you have shown us some beautiful scarves and hats, so I think I've invest in some pretty yarns and begin this weekend. It's a good time because Mike is spending the last weekend of deet season in the woods until Tuesday.so what is keeping me? Nutin honey. Love ya, Mollye

Mollye said...

I swear I can't spell today. I need to start editing my comments. Deer Season.

Cindy said...

Goodness but you've been really busy making scarves and hats! They are all beautiful.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Unknown said...

Mollye I can't spell either...just type too fast then don't edit...I know I should but...I can't wait to see what you create hon...don't forget to post them on your blog!!!

Barbara, thanks so much for your comments...I make up the patterns mostly..hehehe!!! Fun!!!

littlethings1 said...

Wow, you are busy , adorable creations ! Has been too many years since I crochet , Iam sure I have forgot ! Your cactus is wonderful , love how they are so hardy , there blooms are so pretty ! Cold weather , dont get me going.... it was -24 the other day , dont know what it was with the wind chill , I am so ready for spring !!
Have a blessed day !
Eunice

Heather said...

It has been very cold here too. Love the hat and scarves you have made! They are so beautiful. I can't wait until spring!

Mary said...

These are beautiful sister. I have been itching these past few days to knit again...and do a bit of beading.

Meg leaves tomorrow to go back to school. I need to call you, lots going on here. New journaling workshops have been scheduled through May as well. I'll give you a ring on Monday and we can chat.

I love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Eunice and Heather for leaving me a comment...blessings for a great week ahead!!

Mary I will look forward to your call, I'll be home all day!!! I hope the weather is good for Meg to travel back to school..I'll be praying it is. I can just imagine how very busy you will be this coming year...(((hugs)))

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page