Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting ready!

Most of you know I'm getting ready for my second total knee replacement (TKR) next Weds.  I have to tell you getting ready for this surgery has been much different than when getting ready for the last TKR.  More tests this time, and would you believe they've gotten much better at getting most of the test done in one day!!!   I thought all testing was behind me till I visited my regular doctor for a release to have the surgery!
She found some changes in the EKG they did during Pre-Op testing last week.  I got a quick appt for a 2-D Echo yesterday.  This doesn't really hurt, but because you have to stay in one position for the 45 mins it takes to do it, I was hurting all over...
They told me they'd send the results as soon as it was read...prayfully we'll find it wasn't anything that will keep me from having this surgery.
I know without a doubt God is in control so there's no need for me to worry.
I took a couple photos of me before having that test...thought I'd share some with ya...have a blessed day you all!!!


Which one should I use as my profile photo???
Boy am I showing my age...ehehehe!!!
See you all soon...

10 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Beautiful, your age looks fabulous on you!!

I like the second photo, and I am loving the lighter shade of lip gloss on you. Perfect!!

Let me know how the test comes back.

Don't forget to watch NBC on Saturday. The movie is called "Field of Vision" and it is on at 8pm. I will post it on my blog as well. If you google it you can see a trailer...there have been a few that show some of our rooms but not much.

Love you!!

Nancy said...

Hi Bevie,
I love that second picture of you.....I just see joy in your face in that one....

I do pray that you test come out OK so you can go ahead and have your knee replacement....I will be praying for you.....

Love St. John's picture in your header and it brought back memories when you mentioned the Potter's House....That was such a wonderful retreat and I was so blessed to have met you......

Keep us posted....

Hugs and blessings

GlorV1 said...

Hi Bevie, both pix are beautiful, but I too like the second one. You look like a very up front woman. Good luck with your surgery and speedy recovery.

Poetic Artist said...

Bevie,
Thank you for your dear comments on my blog..I like the second one.
It is shows up close and I see the beauty so much better..
I hope all goes well with the surgery.
Katelen

Unknown said...

Thanks to all four of you for your sweet comments. Say the surgeon today, and he said he'd check the results of the Echo and give me a call tomorrow...Blessings to each of you....love you!!!

Mary you are just such a sweet sister, and I'm so proud of you!! love ya too sis..

pinkglitterfae said...

Bevie you look gorgeous in both photos!
I always thought they could only do one knee replacement. My friend can barely walk, and her doctor won't do one until she is close to 60.
I wish you a speedy recovery, and many blessings
xoxo

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous on both photos! All the best for your knee op, sending loving healing light to your knee and imagine it healing really quickly and perfectly.
Huge hug!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous on both photos! All the best for your knee op, sending loving healing light to your knee and imagine it healing really quickly and perfectly.
Huge hug!

Unknown said...

Thanks Betty and Julie Ann I'm really tired out this week with all the appointments I've had...am going to take advantage of the weekend where hubby and I will do a nice ride, and catch some yard sales...blessings!!!

jgr said...

Hi Bevie,
I like both pictures but my fave is the second one,
you look young and full of life in both. I'm keeping you in my prayers for the TKR.

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page