Tuesday, November 30, 2010




Today brought lots of rain, but I'm just thankful it wasn't a bunch of snow...we are expecting some on Sunday tho!!  I've had an awesome creative day today...here are a couple little paintings on watercolor paper I've done then framed for special friends and neighbors.  Not nearly enough for all those I want to give to, but it's a start...Happy creating to all my friends!!! Blessings.((hugs too))

I also wanted to share this very special Christmas Cactus most of which was from a little clipping of our Dad's that I took just after he passed away.  That has been a very long time..over 17 yrs...at first I only had 1 bloom the first year, and one each year for at least 10 yrs...I have all those dried blooms in a dish...in the last couple years it's been blooming on one side or the other...(I did add another cactus to it to make it full about 5 yrs ago)  this is the very first for this year...and it looks like it may bloom all over this time...what an awesome rememberance of our Dad...he loved plants!!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I cannot believe you have kept that wonderful plant alive all these years...and blooming too!

Love the little paintings.

Nancy said...

Love the pictures; special friends you have to get these......

Beautiful plant.....my is not blooming this year so you need to tell me what I need to do to help it....

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

oh! Don't you just love it when the cactus blooms? Mine did too! it always seems to know when the holidays come! Mine is special to me, too, because my brother sent it to me 25 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter! (Wow, it's THAT old!) Your artwork is fun and festive and oh so wonderful!

Unknown said...

Well, first I am honored to have this cactus for so long...I put it outside each Spring into Summer, then put it on a stand facing the west. Don't know if that makes any difference. I appreciate you visiting my blog...blessings for a great day!!

Mary's awesome blog

My favorite blogs

God's Word

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page